Only Me

Are you mixed up & backwards?  Are there things you do that lead people to look at you and respond “only you”?  I know I’m like that!

As I set up my menorah a week after the last night of Hanukkah (while decorating my tree - getting out of the holiday purple), a few other idiosyncrasies of me came to my mind.  So … just for fun, here’s a list of things I do (intentionally or not) that lead people to look at me and say “only you”:


  1. I get hurt injured from doing nothing.  This has happened to me far too many times.  What I posted about recently was only the tip of the iceberg!
  2. I choke on water.  Yes, that’s right.  Most people begin coughing or choking when they get a piece of food or dust particle stuck in the throat.  Usually, they’re advised to drink water, as it will help the item pass.  Not me.  I’m perfectly fine with the food and the dust … but take a sip of water, and I choke on that.
  3. I have gone to restaurants and ordered a veggie burger with bacon.  I haven’t done that in a while, but I have done it many times (it’s yummy!).  I've been a vegetarian on & off (and at varying levels in between) for most of my life.  During the off times, I still mostly prefer the taste and texture of non-meat foods.  During the on times, bacon is one of the only foods I miss.  So is this the perfect compromise, or is it just me?
  4. I once started a fire while trying to boil water.  I don’t think anything I could possibly say would legitimately explain that, so I won’t even try.  I’m just saying … only me.
  5. I once burned myself (I still have some of the scars) from using the microwave.  No, I didn't forget to take the metal handle off the Chinese food container or try to cook something wrapped in tin foil.  I actually followed the instructions exactly as they were printed on the label.  They just didn't realize they were labeling it for me. 

I’m sure if I took the time, I could give you a much longer list ... but since 5 is my lucky number, I’ll stop here (notice I also stopped at 5 on my list of words we need to eliminate).  Maybe I’ll post another list in the future.  I've already got more ideas coming.  Remember, you've just got to laugh when these things happen.


Now it’s your turn.  What do you do that makes your friends turn around and say “only you”?