Writer's Block

I have no idea what to write ... so that's what I'm gonna write.

When I was a teacher, I used to make my kids do free association writing all the time: "just let your mind go wherever your pen takes it," I told them.  "You'd be amazed at the things that come out, that you had no idea you were thinking about in the first place."  So, I'm just writing (ok, typing), and let's see where my keyboard takes me.

Of course, now that I put it out there like that, even my keyboard seems to be stuck.  I think I'm just putting too much pressure on myself now ... I haven't posted anything in a while, so I'm trying to make up for lost time.  Trying to write something so important, so meaningful, that it will have been worth waiting for.  But there's that word again: trying. The more I try, the less I'm actually able to write.

It's funny, though ... over the past couple of weeks, there have been a bunch of different things that have happened that led me to say "I should write about that."  But there's that other word: should.  I should write about this or that ... but for whatever reason, I don't.  Or at least, I haven't done it yet.  I'm hoping to change that.

For now, here's just a list of things that came up ... I will write about them eventually (hopefully soon), but maybe if I just get something down it'll take the pressure off and I'll be able to write more easily later.
So ... clearly I've got a lot to say ... now I've just got to say it.  And I will ... just not at this moment.

* If you like what you read, tell a friend!  Actually, tell me too - post a comment below!!  If you don't ... well ... I'm all for honesty, but please be gentle!