Change the World

"Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world.  Indeed, it's the only thing that ever has." 
~Margaret Meade

This has always been one of my favorite quotes, and today's amazing turn of events in Egypt brought it to the forefront of my mind once again.

I'm not going to get too political on here, as I do not know anywhere near enough of the history of the country to speak with any authority.  Besides, that's not what any of us come to this site for.  But since a few of my coworker friends are from Egypt, I've been watching and learning a bit over the past couple of weeks.  I've been amazed and inspired by what I've seen, and am left (nearly) speechless.

I am in awe of the strength, unity, and perseverance shown by the Egyptian people.  I am inspired by their  dedication and commitment to their cause.  I am amazed by their ability to remain calm, organized and peaceful despite being taunted, pushed, and provoked.  We could all learn from them.

Mabrook [congratulations], Egypt.  You deserve this victory.  And shukran [thank you] for showing the world that anything is possible. 

** If you like what you read, tell a friend!  Actually, tell me too - post a comment below!!  If you don't ... well ... I'm all for honesty, but please be gentle!