I love you, Mom.

A friend of mine lost his mother today.
There are no words.

When it's sudden and unexpected, you can never be prepared.
When you've been "preparing" for years, you're still never prepared.

There is absolutely nothing that anyone can say to make things better.
Sometimes, nothing is the best thing anyone can say.

We may feel helpless that there's nothing we can do to help.
Usually, the best thing we can do is to let them feel how much we care.
Not by telling them, not by doing things ... just by being there.

That really does mean more than we can ever know ...
... until we're in the position to know how much it means.

So for today, my heart is with my friend.
But I have no words for him.

*     *     *     *     *

But since I am grateful that I still have the opportunity to say it directly, I do have words for someone else.
I love you, Mom.

** If you like what you read, tell a friend!  Actually, tell me too - post a comment below!!  If you don't ... well ... I'm all for honesty, but please be gentle!